Happy New Year!
New Year’s resolutions come with every New Year. Keeping those resolutions is a task that takes a ton of perseverance day in and day out until that resolution is achieved. Here at BDCS our primary goal in all classes is to teach students perseverance. The word perseverance is a noun that refers to the effort to do or achieve something despite difficulty or failure. Every class offers the opportunity for students to practice the skill of perseverance. Doing an exercise or skill like turns over and over, fall out of it each time until that one moment when it all comes together and you hit each turn perfectly and consistently. The perseverance shown to dust yourself off and continue to try again, and again, and again has helped you to achieve your goal of doing turns.
Take a moment this New Year to think of how you have displayed perseverance in your class. What goal did you achieve using the skill of perseverance? Now acknowledge your hard work and accomplishment. This is HUGE in your growth as a dancer, actor, or singer and is helping you to become a better human being! You can do amazing things if you keep working hard, don’t give up and continue to use your skill of perseverance!
To Your Growth <3 Mrs. Heather
IMPORTANT UPCOMING DATES
- February 13 – February 18: Family Appreciation Week
- March 13 – March 18: Parent Participation Week
- April 2 – April 9: Spring Break (Studio Closed)
- April 10: Classes Resume
- May 15: Production Costume Fees Charged
- May 27 – May 29: Studio Closed for Memorial Day Weekend
- May 30: Classes Resume
- July 4: Studio Closed for 4th of July Holiday
- July 15: Annual Membership Fees for 2023-2024 Season are Charged
- July 17 – July 18: Production Picture Days (No regularly scheduled classes on these days)
- July 28- July 29: End of Season Productions
- July 30 – August 13: Summer Break (Studio Closed)
- August 14: Season 14 Begins!